OK MiniMarks are modern, service-orientated superettes. The layout of each outlet is planned in the most cost-effective way and the store design enforces optimum customer flow and product exposure enabling retailers to take full advantage of every possible sales and profit opportunity.
OK MiniMark superettes are convenience outlets, situated in residential and high traffic flow areas, attracting constant customer support.
OK MiniMarks vary in store size, but the minimum trading area is approximately 300m2 with adequate back-up and storage facilities.
Because OK MiniMarks are convenience superettes, approximately 4500 lines are carried.
To qualify as an OK MiniMark outlet, the superette must have the normal grocery, toiletries and essential household hardware, and at least two of the following service departments:
- Bakery: An on-premise bakery is one of the main attractions and a definite profit spinner. Customer demand determines the bread and confectionary variety on offer.
- Fast Foods / Home Meal Replacements: Equally popular are fast food departments. These provide high traffic flow through the store and boost profit opportunities.
- Fruit and Vegetables: A limited variety of fresh seasonal produce.
- Pre-packed Fresh Meat: Always high on demand and includes meat products like braai meat, boerewors and mince, offering excellent sales opportunities.
- Groceries and Toiletries: On average a selection of 1400 grocery and toiletry lines are carried.
- Non-Foods: A selection of essential non-food commodities like charcoal, braai accessories and smaller household items.
OK MiniMark Franchisees also have the option of adding on an OK Enjoy liquor store, which has a minimum trading area of 80 m2.